This fresh panini is classic and always satisfying – a great option for lunch or a light dinner.
- Fresh sliced country bread
- Pesto sauce
- Sliced tomatoes (about 1/4″ thick)
- Sliced fresh mozzarella (grated mozzarella also works)
- Balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Olive oil
HOW TO MAKE IT
- First, either spray or brush the outside of two slices of bread with olive oil
- Flip the bread over and spread pesto sauce along the inside of the two slices of bread (optional: lightly drizzle balsamic vinegar on one side)
- Next, place a layer of of sliced tomatoes
- Top the tomatoes with mozzarella cheese
- Place the other piece of bread on top of your sandwich and place it in a sandwich press or grill both sides of it in a frying pan over medium heat
- When the cheese has melted and the outside of the bread is golden brown, your sandwich is ready!