Whenever I have some leftover pesto sauce hanging around, I throw it into the food processor with some chickpeas and tahini and – voila! Pesto hummus.
- 1 can chickpeas (save the water from the can)
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp lemon juice (if you don’t have this on hand, it’s ok without it, too)
- Approximately 1/4 – 1/3 cup pesto sauce
- 1 tsp roasted garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Combine the strained chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, pesto sauce and roasted garlic
- Pour in a little bit of the water from the can of chickpeas and process the ingredients
- Check the consistency of the hummus and add more of the water if the mixture is not loose and smooth
- Process until you have reached your desired consistency (should be soft and smooth, not watery but not thick)
- For some reason I love this hummus paired with Garden Salsa Sun Chips – I know it might sound like a strange combo, but it’s just so good.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.