Fresh Tomato and Pesto Pasta
This pasta dish is simple, yet really delicious. It’s a great as a side option for Baked Shrimp Scampi or as a quick dinner on its own.
- 1 lb. thin linguini or angel hair
- 3/4 cup pesto sauce
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 – 1 cup powdered parmesan cheese, and more for topping
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a large saute pan, saute the garlic with 1 tbsp olive oil until it’s fragrant
- Add the pesto sauce to the garlic combine well
- Pour in the white wine, chicken broth and olive oil and bring to a simmer
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and stir well over medium-low heat
- Cook the pasta as directed and then add it into the pesto sauce mixture
- Keep the heat on medium-low and and cook the pasta in the sauce so it absorbs the flavor
- If the pasta seems a bit dry, add in more chicken broth or olive oil
- Once the pasta is well coated in the pesto sauce, turn off the heat and pour in the powdered parmesan (as much or as little as you desire)
- Top it all off with a little more parmesan and serve immediately!
2 Responses to “Fresh Tomato and Pesto Pasta”
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.