Lemon Chicken Breasts
This is another Barefoot recipe that is really easy to put together and tastes delicious. If you’re looking to something light and summery – this is it!
- 4, 6-8 oz. boneless chicken breasts with the skin on
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup dry white wine (always use one you would drink)
- 3 tbsp garlic, pressed (about 9 cloves)
- Zest of 2 lemons (approx. 1 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh thyme, minced
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- Salt and pepper
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Warm the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add the garlic, and cook for just 1 minute but don’t allow the garlic to turn brown
- Off the heat, add the white wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, and 1 teaspoon salt and pour into a 9 by 12-inch baking dish
- Pat the chicken breasts dry and place them skin side up over the sauce. Brush the chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle them liberally with salt and pepper
- Cut the lemon in 8 wedges and tuck it among the pieces of chicken
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breasts, until the chicken is done and the skin is lightly browned
- If the chicken isn’t browned enough, put it under the broiler for 2 minutes.
- Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes
- Sprinkle with salt and serve hot with the pan juices
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.