I cannot believe that Christmas is literally days away! We’re in full on mayhem mode, and I’ve been wanting to share these adorable Christmas Cupcakes but it’s been pure craziness around here. The good thing is that they’re very easy to make because, well, we’re cheating. If you need a last minute cute holiday treat, give these a go!
I used store-bought white cake mix and added red, white and green sprinkles to the cake batter to create a holiday funfetti Christmas Cupcake. I also used store bought white frosting and just piped it on top with a large round tip. Lastly, the trees. They look like they’d be hard to make, but they’re not! All you need is pretzel sticks, green candy melts and nonpareils. The kids especially liked making the trees – they were on sprinkle duty.
I love this time of year, but it’s definitely a stressful one trying to get ready to host Christmas Day and make all of the kids’ favorite Christmas cookies. I hope that everyone has a wonderful holiday season and here’s to 2020!
- 1 box White Cake Mix made according to package directions for cupcakes
- 1/2 cup Red, green and white sprinkles
- 2 containers White Frosting
- 1 bag Pretzel Sticks
- 1 bag Dark Green Candy Melts melted according to package directions
- Nonpareils for sprinkling
- Make cake batter according to package directions and add in the sprinkles - mix well to combine.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely. Then use a large round tip to frost the cupcakes with the white frosting.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and place 12 pretzel sticks on each pan.
- Melt the green candy melts according to package directions and place the melted chocolate into a squeeze bottle or a ziplock bag with a small hole cut in the corner.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the pretzels in the shape of a tree, then sprinkle with the nonpareils.
- Allow to cool and harden completely before removing the trees from the parchment paper and placing into the frosted cupcakes.